Baydonhill plc and its subsidiaries (we, us or our) is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personally identifiable data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us (Personal Data), will be handled. You agree that any Personal Data which you supply to us will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to that information. We will deal with your Personal Data in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act).
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Baydonhill plc of 1st Floor, 21 New Street, London, EC2M 4TP.
Information we may process about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. information that you provide for the purposes of requesting our foreign exchange broker service or other services;
2. once you are a registered client, we will hold Personal Data relating to the transactions you enter into with us. We may disclose Personal Data to a party to the transaction, but only to assist your transaction and subject to your approval;
3. we may collect Personal Data about your visits to, and usage of, the Baydonhill plc website (our site) in order to provide a service to meet your needs. However the data will only be disclosed on an anonymous and aggregated basis and not in a way in which you will be identified; and
4. when you call us we may monitor or record your calls to confirm your instructions for training purposes.
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and will not identify you as an individual. This information will be deleted after [3 months].
We may obtain this and other browsing information by using technology such as "cookies". Cookies work by storing information on the hard drive of your computer and help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service for you.
We use the following cookies on our site:
· This is a session cookie that will remember you and your preferences for the duration of the browser "session".
· Set by Google Analytics, this cookie keeps track of the number of times you have been to our site, when your first visit was, and when your last visit occurred.
__utmb and __utmc
· Set by Google Analytics, these two cookies are brothers, working together to calculate how long a visit takes. __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when you enter our site, while __utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time you leave our site. __utmb expires at the end of the session. __utmc waits 30 minutes, and then it expires.
· Set by Google Analytics, this cookie keeps track of where you have arrived at our site from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where you were in the world when you accessed our site. It expires in 6 months.
It is possible to deny access to these cookies by adjusting the settings in your web browser(s). If you wish to find out more, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies for more information. Please be warned that you may limit site operation or functions on other websites if you deny cookie access. By continuing to use our site we will assume that you have consented to the use of these cookies.
For more information about Google Analytics and how Google will manage your data, please visit www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Personal Data (acting in good faith) to third parties only in specified circumstances, including but not limited to if we believe such action is necessary, to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process, to protect and defend our rights or property, to enforce our terms and conditions, or to protect the interests of our registered customers or others.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
· to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Please note this policy applies only to Baydonhill plc and subsidiary companies, not to other companies' or organisations' websites to which we link. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites and shall have no liabilities in relation to them.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address set out below.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. To correct or view your Personal Data, or to make any comments on this policy, you can write to us at 1st Floor, 21 New Street, London, EC2M 4TP.